Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Journey Back to CrossFit





Early last month, I went home to Texas for a much needed visit. After being hiatus from CrossFit for about 4 months due to personal reasons, I challenged myself to visit as many boxes as I could along the way.



I had never stepped foot into another "box" before, so I was quite nervous when I called the owners, Trey and Stephanie, of "Be Challenged CrossFit". They immediately welcomed me into their box as if I were their very own. I was quite impressed with their generosity, and their gorgeous CrossFit playground.

They had an indoor AND an outdoor training area. What I really liked about this particular box, was the showers. CrossFit tends to leave me extremely dirty and sweaty from burpees, chalk, etc. so having the ability to take shower immediately before stepping into my car was quite appealing. Too bad I couldn't take them back with me to Virginia! Trey and Stephanie truly made my experience enjoyable, and I was able to get two workouts of the day, (WOD) in.
I wanted to continue my journey to other boxes, but I developed a mild case of Rhabdo in my arms, and was out of commission for a couple of weeks until they started to recover. It happens from overuse and break down of the muscle fibers, which somehow gets into the blood stream. It can be potentially deadly if not treated immediately.



I started to CrossFit a little over a year ago, and I started to feel stagnant and unsure in my abilities back in February, and visiting "Be Challenged" rekindled my desire as an athlete. I started CrossFit to improve my running endurance, and it gives me confidence in my strengthening, running stamina, and injury prevention.


If you are in south-east Texas, go check out their box. They are quite amazing!

Their Facebook Page: Be Challenged CrossFit

Thank you Trey and Stephanie! I look forward to visiting when I come back in town. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment